Fred Olsen Cruise Lines have announced a multi million pound refit for Black Watch entailing a full refurbishment of the ship, up to date technology added to cabins, and fresh décor added throughout the ship
This announcement follows the recent fire which broke out on board the ship in July this year, which caused widespread damage and resulted in the cruise coming to an abrupt end and guests flown home. The ship was taken out of service to Spain to undergo repairs
Black Watch has a current guest capacity of 804, and she is set to sail from Tilbury on 18th November over to a dry dock in Hamburg, Germany on 20th November, where she will undergo 26 days of refit, including various engineering tasks
Forty Four year old Black Watch will then debut her refit and re enter service on 15th December from her makeover and will be sailing guests for a Christmas Markets cruise, departing from Tilbury
Fred Olsen have also announced various refit and refurbishment programs are to be continued throughout the fleet in coming years
The extensive refurbishment of Black Watch include:
- A full refurbishment of all in cabin bathrooms
- All cabins to include, new and interactive TV systems, with the introduction of mini bars in all cabins
- The current Braemar Courtyard will be transformed into a speciality dining area, named The Black Watch Room. Seating will be available for 46 diners, and will include specialities such as cooked to order steaks
- Extensive refurbishment will take place in the current main dining room, The Glentanar, which seats 340 diners. Plans include a fresh new look, with new and updated carpets, curtains and furniture
- A new and updated addition will include, Brigadoon, the current The Braemar Café. This will transformed into a new and fresh 54 seat restaurant, which will show brand new and fresh décor, with a new intimate way to dine for guests. Brigadoon will continue to serve both British and International dishes
- The on board bars and pubs are included in the refurbishment. The current Observatory Lounge will include a refresh to all of the fittings and décor, and the current Lido Lounge will feature new and fresh furniture, carpets as well as the new added feature of a full width sliding door
- A whole new cinematic 3D experience will be introduced to the current Marina Cinema
Exciting times ahead for Black Watch, a ship which is engraved within the Fred Olsen fleet and deserves to be brought up to date and continue to be probably the most popular Fred Olsen ship. I, for one, can not wait to see how she emerges post refit!
Did you know here at Cruise Club UK we have a Loyalty Bonus Scheme. Book your chosen cabin type and you can receive up to 50 Bonus Points (1 Point = £1) That’s a saving of up to £50 off your next cruise booked with us.
Email or call me to discuss your dream cruise: Angelina@cruiseclubuk.com 0161 7982536