This Monday comes an event that makes history and for anyone living in the North of England it is an event that must not be missed. Three of the most famous cruise liners will all meet in Liverpool for the first time ever this coming Bank holiday Monday to salute a city that formed part of Cunard’s history whilst celebrating the cruise lines 175th anniversary, originally Liverpool was their home port from the beginning in 1840 right up until 1967 before eventually moving to Southampton.
Beginning the celebrations the first ship the Queen Mary will arrive on Saturday from Scotland, following this on Monday Queen Elizabeth arrives as the final visit during a trip around the Baltics then Queen Mary 2 arrives as a stop on her tour of the UK then later in the afternoon Queen Victoria arrives in Liverpool during a short 6 night cruise that started in Southampton
Thousands are expected to line the docks of Liverpool to take part in the spectacle and a live stream is going to be broadcast from Cunard’s website.
Taken from the homepage on their website www.cunard.co.uk here is a full itinerary of the events taking place over this weekend
Sunday 24 May
- 09:00 – Queen Mary 2 arrives in the city and berths at Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal.
- 22:00 – ‘Amazing Graces’ digital / light projection show on the Three Graces
- 22:30 – Mid-river Firework display, off the Pier Head
Bank Holiday Monday 25 May
- 10:45 – Queen Mary 2 leaves the berth to greet her two sisters at the mouth of the Mersey (the area between Crosby Beach and New Brighton)
- 12:00–14:00 – Three Queens meet and sail south in formation towards the Liverpool Echo Arena, and then turn through 180 degrees to face north. Further manoeuvres may be possible depending on weather conditions on the day.
- 14:00–14:15 – Queen Mary 2 leaves the city. Queen Elizabeth berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal and Queen Victoria anchors in the middle of the Mersey
- 22:00–23:00 – Amazing Graces’ digital / light projection show on the Three Graces
- 22:30 – Firework display. Following the display, Queen Elizabeth leaves the city and Queen Victoria berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal
Tuesday 26 May
- 16:30 – A special musical sail-away performance to say good bye to Queen Victoria
- 17:00 – Queen Victoria sails out of the city. Flotilla of small boats welcome.
So get yourself down to Liverpool this weekend and enjoy a moment in history…..me….I would love to be going but I’ll be manning the phones and booking everyone that decides to take part of one of Cunard’s sailings this year and experience one of their fantastic cruises themselves, there are a number of special events and sailings taking part all this year to mark this special anniversary so don’t delay and be part of history yourselves
Thanks for reading!Be the first to find out about latest offers and exclusive deals! Don't miss out.
Did you know here at Cruise Club UK we have a Loyalty Bonus Scheme. Book your chosen cabin type and you can receive up to 50 Bonus Points (1 Point = £1) That’s a saving of up to £50 off your next cruise booked with us.