Every cruise line has a loyalty scheme and if you are a regular cruiser it is definitely worth registering for these, membership is free all it takes is a quick phone call or click of a mouse and you have your own personal membership number. The more you cruise with the cruise line the better the benefits from extra discount to priority boarding to freebies on board
Costa cruise lines have just announced as part of the 15th anniversary of the Costa club they are completely revamping their club beginning at the start of 2016, and now not only is it exclusive for existing members there is also a preview level for guests who haven’t already travelled on their cruise
Previously there were 4 tiers, starting with Acquamarine, then Coral, Pearl and the highest tier for the most travelled passengers Gold pearl, this gave them a host of onboard benefits. However there are now 2 new tiers, starting with Club Ambra, so you can now join before you’ve traveled and start reaping the rewards, and for the most loyal of Costa members there is now Club Pearl Diamante, however you need a whopping 26,000 points to reach this level.
Points are usually given dependent on how long your cruise is, the type of cabin you book but mainly on your onboard spend, so I see that as an excuse to spend more onboard, women’s logic means that if we want that extra spa treatment or cocktail we can because in the long run we are benefiting from it
This has been taken directly from Costa’s website showing how you can earn extra points and gives a good breakdown of how they can be accumulated. The more points you have, the faster you move up
The basic number of points awarded for each cruise day will still be 100 like before. What’s changed is that there will be extra daily points awarded depending on the type of cabin you are travelling in:
100 points for inside cabins
150 points for outside cabins
175 points for outside cabins with balcony
Premium cabin guests still have their points doubled, meaning they receive 200 for inside cabins, 300 for outside cabins and 350 for outside cabins with balcony. Suite guests will receive a total of 450 points a day. We have also introduced points for the cost of air travel, up to a maximum of 500 points.
But that’s not all: the points for onboard purchases are doubled, meaning you earn 2 for each euro spent, including purchases made before departure on the website www.costacruises.co.uk. This is also valid for onboard purchases made on cruises at a special promotional rate. As in the past though, the cost of the cruise ticket for these cruises does not entitle Members to points.
I must admit too that the privileges were good before once you got to a high tier such as welcome back gift, priority boarding, discounts on board and 10% off your cabin at booking, but looking at the new benefits for the top tier is absolutely outstanding and I for one have a fair few passengers where this will benefit them nicely
Have a look at these
- 1. Enjoy free access to the Club Restaurant for the duration of your cruise, not just for dinner but also at lunchtime and for breakfast.
- 2. A special staff member will be available to you, without charge, for booking excursions, the spa, restaurants and other services. Just call and they will help you with making your special arrangement. No more queues on board!
- 3. “Super upgrade” when you take one cruise more than the previous year: if you buy an inside cabin you’ll travel in a Suite!
- 4. In the Theater for evening shows/performances, the first rows will be reserved just for you in the theatre. During dinner you may dine leisurely knowing that you will be accommodated in the first rows for the show.
- 5. You may personally select the contents of Minibar in your cabin, to be sure your favorites are waiting for you there.
- 6. Instant boarding: only you will have the chance to be the first on the ship.
- 7. Complimentary day at the spa for complete relaxation and wellbeing. (Treatments and services are not included)
- 8. Special excursions with a limited number of participants will be available to you.
So don’t delay book a Costa cruise today and start building up those points
Thanks for reading!Be the first to find out about latest offers and exclusive deals! Don't miss out.
Did you know here at Cruise Club UK we have a Loyalty Bonus Scheme. Book your chosen cabin type and you can receive up to 50 Bonus Points (1 Point = £1) That’s a saving of up to £50 off your next cruise booked with us.