In this blog I am going to go through some of my favourite tours and stays that you can add on and then some where I would like to do that cruise lines currently don’t offer. I’d also like to hear from you. Where would you like to see cruise lines add to their itineraries?
Cruising is becoming more popular than ever and given some of the places that you can see on a cruise it is easy to understand why. Add the fact that you can now add on events, tours, city breaks or beach stays before of after your cruise and you soon realise just how much you can do all in one holiday.
Firstly my Top 5 cruise and stay options are:
- Cruise & Grand Prix – With cruises going from Barcelona, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and certain cruise lines calling in at Monte Carlo you can incorporate a day at the track before or after your cruise for a holiday in the fast lane
- South America & Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu stands 2,430 m above sea-level, in the middle of a tropical mountain forest, in an extraordinary setting. It was probably the most amazing urban creation of the Inca Empire with its giant walls and terraces which seem as if they have been cut naturally in to the rock. This is definitely on my bucket list and can be added on to several South American itineraries with Celebrity, Princess and Holland America.
- New York – The Big Apple, The City That Never Sleeps! Home to the Empire State Building, Times Square, Statue of Liberty and many other iconic sites. New York City is a fast-paced, globally influential center of art, culture, fashion and finance. The city’s 5 boroughs sit where the Hudson River meets the Atlantic Ocean. Add New York on to a Transatlantic Cruise, Canada and New England or Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- Dubai – One of the few cities in the world that has undergone such a rapid transformation – from humble beginnings as a pearl diving centre to one of the fastest growing cities on earth. Home of the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, idyllic beaches and shopping in supermalls or the souks of the Old Town, there really is something for everyone in Dubai. Add a stay on to a 7 night cruise around the Emirates with Royal Caribbean or Costa Cruises.
- Coach Tour and Cruise – Here at Cruise Club we have an exclusive Tour & Cruise program where we take our customers by coach to their chosen Ocean or River Cruise, stopping off at places like Paris, Dijon and Avignon in France, Ypres in Belgium, Ljubljana in Slovenia, Salzburg in Austria & Bavaria in Germany. These offers are ideal for anyone who doesn’t like flying and also those who want to take in areas of Europe that are not accessible on your normal cruise itinerary.
Now here are a few couple I would like to see be added to some cruise itineraries or added on as a stay option.
Parga – One of my favourite areas in Greece, this small mainland town is buzzing with harbour side restaurants, bars and shops and then there is Valtos Beach, the most famous beach in Parga and probably the whole Greece for its silken, sand and crystal clear water. This could make a great stop off for some of the smaller cruise lines.
Menorca – This Balearic Island is much quieter than it’s neighbours Majorca and Ibiza but still has lots to see. It is also home to one of the largest natural harbours in the world in it’s capital Mahon so would certainly be able to handle even the biggest of ships.
Both of these would make excellent ports of call or even extended stays either pre or post cruise.
Thanks for reading!Be the first to find out about latest offers and exclusive deals! Don't miss out.
Did you know here at Cruise Club UK we have a Loyalty Bonus Scheme. Book your chosen cabin type and you can receive up to 50 Bonus Points (1 Point = £1) That’s a saving of up to £50 off your next cruise booked with us.